We recommend professional tooth cleaning for a sparkling smile, also called professionelle Zahnreinigung or PZR.
Caries, infections of the gums (gingivitis) and periodontal disease (periodontitis) are all caused by bacteria in plaque.
Brushing your teeth regularly and flossing between teeth alone are not enough to prevent tooth decay and periodontitis. Professional teeth cleaning at the dentist can help you with this.
In general, professional teeth cleaning is painless and is carried out by a specially trained dental assistant.
What does professional teeth cleaning involve?
- Gentle and complete removal of all hard and soft deposits (tartar, discoloration, plaque) by means of ultrasound, airflow, hand instruments and polishing
- Cleaning of the accessible tooth root surfaces and interdental spaces
- Polishing of teeth and visible tooth root surfaces
- Control, post-cleaning, rinsing and fluoridation
- Individual instructions for improving your oral hygiene.
To keep your teeth healthy, your teeth should be cleaned professionally at least once every six months, depending on your individual case.
In principle, the costs for teeth cleaning are not covered by the statutory health insurance.
Some health insurance companies may cover these costs. The best way to check this is for you to contact your health insurance.